Best ultrabook for photo editing in 2017: Photo editing ultrabook reviews – Cheap affordable laptop for photo editing
Find the best laptop and ultrabook for photo editing. List contains some affordable photo editing laptops as well. There are lot of cheap sub-400 dollar laptops out there and while all can run graphic applications like PhotoShop, Corel Draw, they do not provide the best user experience. No photo editor likes to keep waiting for long time to apply an effect.
Things to keep in mind when purchasing the best laptop or ultrabook for photo editing in 2017.
1) get a laptop with atleast i5 processor or an AMD A8: do not less than either of these two chips or your experience will not be satisfactory. For most photo editing apps, having the latest kabylake dual core processor is more than enough. The new processors are extremely efficient and deliver good performance for running corel draw, photoshop and similar applications. AMD processors offers amazing bang for buck as they have more powerful graphics units onboard. They have less efficient though and thus have lower battery life runtimes when compared to their Intel counterparts. Also if you are going to edit photos on a laptop, just stay away from those cheap netbooks. While they have got enough powerful with the new chips, they still lag while applying effects.
2) SSD – try getting a laptop with SSD drive. SSD do wonders while loading and saving images. You will thank us later. Alternatively getting a fast HDD is good enough as well but an ideal ultrabook for photo editing should come with hybrid storage configuration which gives you best of both worlds. In this setup, you get both SSD and HDD onboard. SSD acts as storage for operating system and applications. The hard disk is used for storing user files.
3) Graphics card: All photo editing apps make use of your laptop GPU to apply effects. Having a discrete GPU takes load off the CPU and increases graphics performance. If you have decent budget, get laptop with Nvidia Pascal graphics as they bring desktop-level graphics performance. For most photo editing tasks, any discrete graphics card will do just fine.
4) Large display: The display should be no less 14 or 15 inches for comfortable photo editing experience. Working on smaller displays can be tiring for your eyes and that is why we suggest not to go for smaller screen laptops like netbooks which have 12” or less.
5) Memory: Make sure you get a laptop or ultrabook with atleast 8GB of memory for smooth experience. Anything lower than that and you will have unexpected slowdowns everytime you work with larger files. This slowdown is caused by a process called paging that is triggered everytime your system is low on RAM. That is why is suggested to get ultrabook with 8GB RAM or more.
So here are the best ultrabook for photo editing in 2017.
Asus Zenbook Pro UX501VW-XS74T
This is the ultimate, best ultrabook for photo editing. Packing some really extreme specifications, there is nothing that Asus Zenbook Pro cannot do. It is equipped with an ultra-high definition touch-screen that is color-calibrated for displaying true-to-life colors. There is whopping 512GB SSD which loads large files quickly compared to slow hard disks which are used in cheap laptops, hampering end user experience. 16GB RAM gives you more room to work with big files. Keyboard is full size, backlit and its large touchpad supports all windows 10 gestures.
# 15.6 inch UHD screen, 3840×2160 pixels, touchpanel panel
# Standard-voltage Intel Core i7 6700HQ processor, quad cores, clocked between 2.6-3.5GHz, 6MB cache
# Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M dedicated graphics with 4GB GDDR5 VRAM
# 16GB RAM + 512GB SSD
Gigabyte P55Wv6 is probably the best laptop for photo editing and other GPU intensive tasks like video editing. This is a proper desktop-replacement laptop packing standard-voltage processor and the new Nvidia Pascal 1060 graphics card with whopping 6GB VRAM. It makes use of hybrid storage system where it makes use of SSD and hard disk combo to boost performance. It also comes with two year warranty.
* 15.6″ Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS Wide viewing angle anti-glare display LCD | Features: Phenomenal design, recommended for VR
* 6th Gen Intel Quad Core i7 6700HQ (2.6-3.5GHz) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GDDR5 6GB (NVIDIA Optimus )
* 16 GB (8GB*2) DDR4 2133MHz Memory | Storage: 256GB M.2 SATA SSD, 1TB 7200rpm HDD | ODD: Super Multi DVD RW | OS: Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
* Full-sized Backlit Keyboard | USB 3.1 Type-C | HDMI 2.0 | Exclusive Software: XSplit Gamecaster + Broadcaster, System Gauge, Fan Tweak, TriDef SmartCam
Acer Aspire E15
This Acer Aspire laptop comes with latest i5 processor and packs very powerful Nvidia 940MX that will handle any photo editing app and even gaming with ease. It also made it to our best cheap gaming laptop list as well. The SSD makes sure even the biggest photos load quickly and the dedicated GPU makes working on them a pleasant experience.
> Core i5-6200U processor with 256GB SSD and 8GB RAM
> 15.6-inch Full HD Widescreen Display (1920 x 1080) backed by NVIDIA GeForce 940MX Graphics with 2GB Dedicated DDR5 VRAM
> Backlit keyboard, Three USB 3.0 ports, LAN, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4 and Windows 10 64-bit preinstalled
Lenovo Ideapad 700
Lenovo Ideapad 700 is a serious laptop packing serious power and is an ideal laptop for photo editing. Powered by standard-voltage i7 processor, it comes with Nvidia 950M high end dedicated graphics that helps in rendering and working with massive photos a breeze. This laptop is a joy to work on thanks to its crisp full HD display with 1080p resolution and wide viewing angles. It is less than an inch thin and that makes it extremely portable. Backed by 16GB of RAM, it can handle many levels of history and handle larger mega-pixel files. It is an excellent ultrabook for photo editing.
# 15.6-inch FHD screen, 1920×1080 pixels
# Intel Core i7-6700HQ quad core processor + Nvidia GeForce GTX950 discrete GPU
# 1000GB HDD, 128GB SSD, 16GB RAM
Lenovo Ideapad 510s
Lenovo Ideapad 510s looks professional and at 1.7-kilos, it is about 30 percent lighter than most laptops in its class. It packs an aluminium cover, aluminium palm rest and look that shows off an impeccable attention to detail. Powered by the latest Intel 7th generation kaby lake processor, the Lenovo Ideapad 510s has AMD Radeon R7 GPU that gives you improved performance while working in apps like Photoshop, Corel Draw and similar apps. An excellent ultrabook for photo editing.
# 14″ FHD IPS screen with 1920×1080 pixels
# 7th Gen Intel Core i7-7500U processor clocked at 2.7GHz + AMD Radeon R7 M460 discrete GPU
# 256GB SSD + 8GB RAM
Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK
Dell Inspiron i7559 is made for photo editing in mind. It is powered by state-of-art i7 processor that is backed by Nvidia 960M discrete graphics card that gives you better performance while working on heavy photos and video files. Power GPU ensures you can do some heavy gaming as well so you can also see it as a great gaming laptop under 1000. Performance is further improved by the SSD cache that gives you faster boot times, faster application launches and faster access to all documents. An affordable and feature rich laptop for photo editing.
# 15.6″ FHD anti-glare IPS wide angle display (1920×1080)
# 6th Gen Intel i5 Quad-Core i7-6700HQ CPU + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M performance-class graphics card with 4GB GDDR5 discrete memory
# 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD + 8 GB SSD, 6-cell 74Whr battery, backlit keyboard
Acer E5 is a reasonably priced laptop for photo editing that comes with mammoth 16GB RAM and AMD FX processor. These two things make it great when using memory and CPU intensive applications. The screen is full HD so everything is crisp which will come helpful when doing photo editing.
* 15.6″ (1920 x 1080) matte display
* AMD FX 9800p (2MB L2 cache, 2.70GHz, 3.60 max Turbo Clock speed)
* 16GB (8/8) DDR4 SDRAM + 1TB SATA 5400rpm HDD
The Asus X555DA features AMD quad core A10-8700P clocked at 1.8GHz processor which when backed by AMD Radeon R6 discrete graphics ensures excellent user experience when using any heavy graphic apps. It is affordable and powerful laptop for photo editing.
# 15.6″ FHD (1920x 1080) matte display
# AMD Quad Core A10-8700P 1.8 GHz (Turbo to 3.2 GHz) processor + AMD Radeon R6 GPU
# 8GB DDR3L (1600MHz) RAM + 256GB SSD, DVD drive